Monday, November 23, 2009

JFK 50-miler quick recap

Well I finished! I knew it was going to be rough considering my up and down training schedule leading up to the event. But hitting the wall as early as I did after taking it easy in the mountains really sucked. It did help that the weather was perfect and the scenery was awesome. I managed to finish the event to help the Knoxville Track Club team finish third overall. I finished third on the team (50th overall) in 7 hours, 34 minutes, while Jon Lawler finished first on the team (9th overall) in 6:24, and my brother Brad finished 21st overall in 6:49. Both were impressive times.

I may post more about the race later. I'm glad the season is over and I'm excited about taking some much needed time off to heal my body before I start all over again for the spring season. Boston '10 is looming right around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so good to hear that..
    I had a good time reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete