Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Boston is "No Go" ...

I may not be running the Boston Marathon this year due to my hamstring pull, but I'm still going up there to cheer on my brother and party with friends. I will defer my time to next year, so if I decide to run it next year I can use my 2:34 time from last year. (Side note: I may run the Knoxville and Nashville Marathon's next spring, so Boston might be out of the picture all together). Anyways, back to the subject at hand, I'm disappointed, in that I put in more miles this season than I've ever put into a marathon training program and was in damn good shape, but I learned a lot about myself for the future. I will come back stronger from this injury, I know, especially in the area of flexibility. I will also incorporate strides more often after workouts, and add some sort of a strength program. Just putting in long weekly miles, without the necessary supplemental activities was what led to the injury in the first place. Wish me luck and I hope everyone is enjoying running for me while I heal.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer Bob. :(

    If you're interested, I'm holding a bloggers meet-up Sunday after the 5k race. I'm running the 5k but in town to support/spectate my boyfriend running the marathon. A bunch of bloggers from all over are meeting up and prob grabbing some brunch. Email me for details. redheadrunning (@) gmail

    ReplyDelete