Wednesday, July 22, 2009

JFK 50-miler entry confirmation

Yes that's right ... I'm officially running the JFK 50-miler in November. I will be representing the Knoxville Track Club in the team event with my brother, Brad, and Jon Lawler, who placed sixth overall in this race several years ago. We should be very competitive for the team title. This will be my fifth ultra (Prickly Pear 5ok '07, 2nd overall, Frosty 50k '09 1st overall, Iron Horse 100k '09 1st overall, Smokey Mountain 72-mile seciton '09 1st overall). I've performed great thus far in all the ultras I've run thus far, but this one will be the first real test.

The competition is fierce in this race as it cuts off entrants at a little more than 1,000 runners. I've looked at some of the other fellow seeded runners on the entrants list and there are some tough, skilled ultra runners. I'm currently training for the Hood 2 Coast 198-mile team relay in late August and will run a fall marathon in preparation for the JFK 50. Another positive is that my brother also got into the JFK 50 and this will be his first ultra marathon. He should do really well if he also puts in the miles. Hopefully all the miles I'm already putting in over the summer will pay off for an awesome run in Wash D.C. More to come on the previously stated races as I compete in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment