Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Relay season is over ... time to get back to the consistent, heavy mileage workload

Now that I've gotten the relay bug out of my system, it is time to grind out the heavy load of weekly miles again. I already got in a succesful light track workout yesterday (9 total miles) and an 8-mile run tonight. Tomorrow, I'm meeting a few friends for 14 miles along the bike trail into downtown K-Town.
(Picture to the right shows the sunsphere in downtown Knoxville, TN)

It didn't take long to start back up after the ultra relay (which I'm still barely feeling), and it won't be long before I race again, as the Big South Fork 17.5 mile trail race is creeping up in 10 days followed by the Des Moines Marathon in 32 days. This is all geared towards peaking on Nov. 21 for the JFK 50-miler in Washington, D.C. It is all in a season's work. I hope everyone's training is going well, and I look forward to reading about everyone's accomplishments this fall. Catch you on the flip side.

3 comments: