Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Iowa bound!

Leaving today for the land of corn fields to visit my grandma and family and run in the Des Moines Marathon on Sunday. I've put in an excellerated schedule of miles the past three weeks in preparation, since I was sick and couldn't run much. I feel like I am about four weeks out from being in PR shape, but I do feel like I will be able to run 6-minute pace. This race will be a crucial building block in preparation for the JFK 50 miler.

Track me in the marathon at this link: Track Bob Adams

Can't wait to see the family farm. It has been way too long. Hope everyone has a good weekend of training, racing or recovering. I will have a full recap when I get back early next week.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck Bob. I am sure you are going to kill it. BTW, ran through my first corn field while in Chicago. It looks way more fun in movies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a real fast second half...just like JFK. This will be a good preview for you. Kick some ass out there!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete