Monday, August 17, 2009

10 days before the "big" H2C relay

It's now crunch time as its only 10 days until the Hood 2 Coast relay. I hope I have gotten in good enough shape to help my team out. I know the other 11 guys are also getting into great shape. I've gotten in a few recent quality workouts (including an 8 X 1 mile track workout on Saturday at a 5:32 per mile avg. pace) and consistent mid-to-high mileage weeks. Going back from last week, my last six weeks mileage totals are 69, 82, 72, 63, 69 and 60. It's time to taper down a little more this week and run around 60 miles to give my legs a little break. Other than the knee pain that I've felt since the early summer and can run through, I feel good healthwise.

It has been a long time coming since we initially signed up for this event last September. Hopefully all this training in the hot, humid Southeast will help us run faster in the Northwest. Hope everyone has a good week of training.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are going to kill it. Can't wait for the race report. Keep icing that knee.

    ReplyDelete