Thursday, August 27, 2009

Never Stop Exploring ...









I would like to respond to a recent post by my friend Jose on his "JTV Running Group" blog. He mentions how I'm a runner who inspires others (and I appreciate that), but I would like to point out how much I've seen him improve in his running accomplishments as well as be a motivator to others. I met Jose at the former Thursday night workouts at Fleet Feet in Knoxville. He was constantly soaking up as much information as possible and strategizing and experimenting with different training schedules and running advice. He has since completed multiple marathons, and even was a pacer during the 2009 Knoxville Marathon. That is something that I have not done yet, and to hear his story of motivation along the course as all the runners around him were trying to achieve their pace goals is amazing. Since my brother and I left JTV, Jose has kept the flame alive and continues to motivate runners on the team. He is also becoming very active in the KTC as a volunteer, and I would like to add that he is one of the most humble people I know.

Thanks for your kind words, and yes, we will represent Knoxville proudly this weekend!

P.S. If you are not following the Twitter or Facebook updates from this weekends race, then the next time you will see a blog post will be early next week with a recap of the race.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice write up on your friend. Headed over to check out the blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely unnecessary, but thanks for the write-up.

    Nice job at H2C!

    ReplyDelete