Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ice cream lovers out there ...

Now I know this isn't running related, but I just finished "carbo-loading" for my race this weekend after my training run, and now I'm going to eat some ice cream by God. Now growing up, I was a mint chocolate chip fan, and at one point I loved an avocado ice cream flavor, but it is hard to find. So now it seems like time and time again, I've been gravitating towards my new favorite flavor coffee and I'm hooked.

According to the International Ice Cream Association, the 15 most popular ice cream flavors are (by percent preferring) ...
1. Vanilla, 29%
2. Chocolate, 8.9%
3. Butter pecan, 5.3%
4. Strawberry, 5.3%
5. Neapolitan, 4.2%
6. Chocolate chip, 3.9%
7. French vanilla, 3.8%
8. Cookies and cream, 3.6%
9. Vanilla fudge ripple, 2.6%
10. Praline pecan, 1.7%
11. Cherry, 1.6%
12. Chocolate almond, 1.6%
13. Coffee, 1.6%
14. Rocky road, 1.5%
15. Chocolate marshmallow, 1.3%
All others, 23.7%

What's your favoite ice cream flavor? ... and yes, feel free to indulge on my behalf. You can just run it off tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. I too love coffee. They must need to get a recount. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AVOCADO?! You mean pistachio :)
    I myself favor cookies n cream or pralines n cream- so it looks like ive got you beat!

    ReplyDelete