Thursday, August 6, 2009

First 'three workout' day in the books

I just finished a three workout day (18 total miles) to simulate what my legs will go through during the upcoming relays. Of course I wasn't going at full out race pace during each run, but I feel better about the race format now that I've done it. I ran 7 miles at 7:30 a.m., 6 miles at 3:30 p.m. and 5 miles at 9 p.m. During the 5 mile run, I averaged a 6:20 pace and felt great. I plan on doing several more of these three workout days in the upcoming weeks to ensure my legs can handle short amounts of rest.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good and tough workout day now that you are getting down to crunch time. One plus is you will be in excellent shape for BSF, one of my favorite races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know ... I don't think I've ever been in excellent shape for BSF before. Though last year's 1:55 wasn't too shabby by any means

    ReplyDelete