Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What happens September 9th at 12 p.m.?

So there I was late last night web surfing. I may have been slightly delirious because I ended up on run100s.com and decided to check out a few of the regional races. So I was glancing through the list and saw that one of the 100 mile races was nearby and the next race is March 2010. I clicked on the race Web site and further noticed that online race registration opened on active.com on September 9th at noon and that last year it closed in 19 minutes (max 280 runners). That actually got me slightly excited and making hasty decisions. It didn't take but a few seconds for me to decide I wanted to try and register for this race (and run it of course), epecially since there was a race to register for it. So this morning I did my pre registration training and updated my active.com profile, so that when the day comes, I will be able to fly through the registration process. So I don't want to jinx it, so I'm going not going to say that I am racing in a certain 100 miler or any 100 miler next year for that matter. Nor am I going to say I'm going to be mad if I don't register in time. I just want to give this thing a shot. I mean, by God, I sure hope I can register in 19 minutes. I just need to have my game face on when the clock strikes noon three weeks from tomorrow and not be distracted by lunch after grad school classes. As for how I will feel if I do get in, I'm not sure if I will be excited or sick knowing I am going to run that far. But until then, I've got other running business that needs my attention. I know you must be asking yourself what race this is, so if you must know, I'm sure with a little Sherlock Holmes action you can figure it out.

Today is my last day of freedom before my last semester of the MBA program begins. To the pool.

4 comments:

  1. Bob,

    No worries about the online rush for getting into Umstead. Blaine, the RD, saves a bunch of slots for runners who can run sub-17s. That should be a breeze for you on that course. Your 100K time might even be enough. To convince him. If you get shut out of the regular resgistration, just drop him an email. He'll give you an elite slot, I'm sure.

    Good luck in your relay next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are a quick runner, hope you are a quick typer too! 19 minutes is just crazy. I hoope you get in. Oh and it looks like Dan up above may have a way to get you in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, I wonder what race it could be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, steadfast you must be if you still can't piece together the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete